• Yu.V. Lastochkin was elected the general director of Rybinsk motors JSC. He headed the company for 12 years.
• The Rybinsk design engine-building bureau was integrated into Rybinsk motors JSC.
• Start of production of gas turbines of small-range and medium-range capacity for power generation and gas industries.
Photo: DÎ49 gas turbine.
• Visit of Vladimir V. Putin, President of the Russian Federation to Rybinsk motors JSC.
• By decision of the Russian Federation Ministry of Defense Rybinsk motors JSC was defined as the head company for design, series production and repair of all marine gas-turbine engines and their derivatives for the Russian Navy.
• Successful interdepartmental testing and obtainment of the certificate of conformity for the GTES-2.5 combined heat and power station.
Photo: GÒES-2.5 power plant.
• Amalgamation of Rybinsk motors JSC and A. Lyulka - Saturn JSC, foundation of NPO Saturn JSC.
• The program between NPO Saturn JSC and Gazprom JSC of long-term cooperation in supplies of gas-turbine equipment was signed.
Photo: GPÀ-4RÌ gas pumping unit.
• Obtainment of the certificate of type issued by the Aviation Register of • Interstate Aviation Committee for the ÒVD-1500B turboprop engine.
• The 36ÌÒ, an engine for unmanned air-vehicles, successfully passed the state testing.
Photo: 36ÌÒ small-sized turbofan engine.
• The SaM146 turbofan engine was chosen for the advanced RRJ Russian Regional Jet (now SSJ100) after winning the tender.
• Successful interdepartmental testing of the GTE-110 - the first Russian gas-turbine power generation plant rated at more than 100 ÌW.
• The certificate of type issued by the Aviation Register of Interstate Aviation Committee for the RD-600V helicopter engine was obtained.
• The certificate of type issued by the Aviation Register of Interstate Aviation Committee for the D-30ÊU-154 engine with low emission combustor was obtained.
• Successful interdepartmental testing and obtainment of the certificate of conformity for the GTA-6RM power generation unit.
Photo: SSJ100 regional jet.
• Opening of VolgAero JSC - a joint production venture between NPO Saturn and Snecma Moteurs.
• Opening of scientific and technical center of NPO Saturn in Saint Petersburg.
Photo: VolgAero JSC.
• Successful interdepartmental testing of the GÒÀ-8RÌ power generation unit.
• Manufacture and implementation of the first stage of bench testing of the SaM146 engine.
• Successful state bench testing of the first Russian Ì75RU marine gas-turbine engine.
Photo: SaM146 turbofan engine in test cell.
• Successful interdepartmental testing of the GPÀ-6.3RÌ and GPÀ-10RÌ gas-pumping units.
• RAO UES of Russia and NPO Saturn JSC signed an agreement for cooperation in wide application of the GTE-110 power plants in the Russian power generation and mastering of their series production.
• Roll out of the first Sukhoi Superjet 100 aircraft powered by the SaM146 engines in Komsomolsk-on-Amur.
Photo: GÒD-10RÌ gas turbine.
• The SSJ100 aircraft performed its first test flight with the SaM146 engines.
• The first flight of the Su-35 multirole fighter powered by the 117S engines.
• Successful state bench testing of the Russian Ì70FRU marine gas-turbine engine.
• Decision made on integration of the company into United Engine Corporation Managing Company JSC (now UEC JSC).
Photo: 117S afterburning turbofan engine.