Site news 27.06.2008
June 27,2008, Rybinsk. Today, on June 27, 2008, the Annual General Meeting of NPO SATURN shareholders has been convened in Rybinsk. The shareholders and their authorized representatives possessing 86,5 % of the company shares participated in the meeting.
NPO SATURN General Director in his speech to shareholders pointed out that “in the course of the year meaningful steps were made towards integration with one of the main company partners – the Ufa Motor-Building Production Association (UMPO). In August at MAKS-2007, NPO Saturn and UMPO signed the strategic partnership memorandum, considering creation of an integrated company – the national leader of gas-turbine engines – as the final objective. In December, NPO SATURN completed transaction to acquisition of 19,98% of UMPO shares, thereby started memorandum implementation.
Thus, NPO SATURN and UMPO, being the leading Russian aircraft engine designers and manufacturers, made the first move towards consolidation and creation of a large-scale company dedicated to ensuring competitiveness to the Russian product at the worldwide level. This moment is significant from the viewpoint of increase of effectiveness for all business processes, occurrent in the Corporations. In was not occasional that at the annual general meeting, on June 24, this year, UMPO shareholders encouraged our companies strategic partnership. Further NPO Saturn and UMPO integration processes are the main strategic objective for our company, too.”
NPO Saturn shareholders meeting approved the Annual Report 2007, annual financial statements, including profit and loss report, corporation profit distribution. By the decision of the meeting, dividends according to the results of 2007 will be contributed to company development.
By the decision of the shareholders meeting, NPO SATURN Board in number of 11 people was elected out of 19 candidates:
1. Alexander Artyukhov, UMPO General Director
2. Yuri Borisov, Rosprom Deputy Director
3. Ivan Gonchyarenko, FGUP Rosoboronexport Deputy Director
4. Leonid Gryaznov, IK Horizon General Director
5. Nikolaj Zhuravlev, Head of Russian property Territorial Administration of Yaroslavl region
6. Oleg Zainullin, NPO Saturn Deputy General Director, Corporate Management
7. Yuri Lastochkin, NPO Saturn General Director
8. Lyudmila Pridanova, Russian property Deputy Director
9. Yuri Pustovgarov, Deputy Prime-Minister of Bashkortostan Government - Industry, Investment and Innovation Strategy Minister of Bashkortostan
10.Vladimir Salamatov, Head of Russian Ministry of Industry and Energy Department
11.Sergei Chuklinov, NPO Saturn Deputy General Director
Yuri Lastochkin, who has been at the head of the company since 1997, was appointed NPO Saturn General Director for the new term by the decision of the shareholders meeting.
NPO Saturn auditing committee in number of 3 people was appointed by the shareholders meeting:
1. Yulia Dmitrieva, Head of NPO Saturn Department
2. Denis Piotukh, Head of NPO Saturn Department
3. Maria Chizhova, Chief Accountant of the Russian Property Territorial Administration of Yaroslavl Region.
Approved NPO SATURN auditor for 2008 is TPS-audit (Yaroslavl region).
NPO Saturn participation in the Russian employers association “Russian industrialists and manufacturers union” is approved by the decision of the shareholders meeting.
At the new Board first meeting convened on the same day, Yuri Pustovgarov, Deputy Prime-Minister of Bashkortostan Government - Industry, Investment and Innovation Strategy Minister of Bashkortostan, was elected Chairman of the Board.
NPO Saturn is a leading engine-building company dedicated to development, manufacture and after-sales service of gas-turbine engines for military and civil aviation, Navy vessels, power-generating and gas-pumping units.
NPO Saturn press office:
Tel. (495) 787-14-63, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgREAD ALL...