Site news 25.03.2015
March 25, 2015, Rybinsk. - A ceremony of rewarding the winners of the “The youth in science” extramural competition, announced by NPO Saturn to undergraduate and postgraduate students as well as young scientists (under 35) at the end of 2014, took place in the frame of the II international technological forum “Innovations. Technologies. Manufacturing”. The main success factors were the originality of the proposed solutions, completeness of the submitted reports and comprehensive analysis of the problem. The best solutions were rewarded with diplomas and memorable gifts offered by the forum sponsors.
In the “design solutions” nomination, the jury made the following decision:
- to award the first place to the students representing the S.P. Korolev Samara State Aerospace University Ya. A. Ostapyuk and E. P. Filinov for the work “selection of parameters and building a parametric profile and design definition of a jet engine in the power range of 35000…40 000 kgf for a long-range passenger aircraft”;
- to award the second place to the students from the P.A. Solovev Rybinsk State Aviation Technical University K. Y. Koltyrina and E. S. Osokina for the work “Impact of the Reynolds number on gas turbines of jet engines”;
- to award the third place to a master’s student representing the A.N. Tupolev Kazan National Research Technical University R. R. Khaliulin for the work “Modeling of a double-phase flow”;
- to reward with the competition diplomas a master’s student from the A.N. Tupolev Kazan National Research Technical University - the Kazan Aviation Institute T. R. Valiev, a student from the S.P. Korolev Samara State Aerospace University I. A. Koshelev and the students from the P.A. Solovev Rybinsk State Aviation Technical University G. N. Pavlychev, A. A. Bochagov, I. N. Adiev and S. V. Perovskiy.
In the “technological solutions” nomination, the following people were voted the winners:
- the first place went to an associate professor of the Naberzhnye Chelny institute (a subsidiary of the Kazan (Volga) Federal University) A. G. Kondrashov for the work “A methodology of measuring the radius of a gas turbine engine blade”;
- the second place was awarded to an associate professor of the P.A. Solovev Rybinsk State Aviation Technical University R. N. Fomenko for the work “A methodology of increasing durability of broaching tooling used for machining gas turbine engine disks made of refractory alloys”;
- and, finally, the third place went to a postgraduate student of the Naberzhnye Chelny Institute (a subsidiary of the Kazan (Volga) Federal University) L. R. Safarova for the work “A methodology of standardizing the production tooling design process”.
The students representing the P.A. Solovev Rybinsk State Aviation Technical University V. V. Ustimenko and A. N. Samoilova were awarded the competition diplomas.
The NPO Saturn Research and Production Association (OJSC) is an engine-manufacturing company specialized in the design and development, production, and after-market support of gas turbine engines for military and commercial aviation, naval ships, and power-generating plants and gas-pumping units. The association is part of the Union of Russian Mechanical Engineers, an All-Russian public organization.
NPO Saturn is part of United Engine Corporation (JSC) and acts as the leader of the Commercial Engines Division, a business unit of UEC founded on 09.10.2012 as a result of integration of the following companies: NPO Saturn (OJSC), Aviadvigatel (OJSC), PMZ (OJSC), Metallist-PM (CJSC), Energetik-PM (OJSC), Motoservis-PM (CJSC), and Zheleznodorozhnik-PM (CJSC).
United Engine Corporation (JSC) (a Rostec State Corporation company) is an integrated organization specialized in the design and development, serial production, and after-market support of the engines for military and commercial aviation, space programs, the Navy, as well as for the oil and gas industry, and power generation. One of UEC’s prioritized fields of activity is the implementation of comprehensive programs of development of the companies in the industry by introducing new technologies meeting the world-class standards. In 2013 revenues of the corporation amounted to RUB 158.9 billion.
The Rostec State Corporation is a Russian corporation established in 2007 in order to facilitate the development, manufacturing, and export of high-technology industrial products of military and commercial application. Today, it comprises over 700 companies, which form 9 defense-industrial and 5 civil industry holdings, as well as 22 direct control companies. The Rostec portfolio includes such renowned brands as AVTOVAZ, KAMAZ, Russian Helicopters, VSMPO-AVISMA, etc. Rostec’s subsidiaries are located in 60 regions of Russia and deliver their products to over 70 countries worldwide. In 2013 revenues of the corporation amounted to RUB 1.04 trillion. Total taxation exceeded RUB 138 billion.
Rewarding the winners with gifts and diplomas 267 kb