The D-30KU/KP - family of the turbofan engines for commercial mainline and cargo / transport aircraft.
NPO Saturn is a basic company for production and MRO of the D-30KU/KP engines, enjoying the right of the D-30KU/KP engines designer.
To ensure the flight safety, NPO Saturn has prepared a complete list of the D-30КP/КP-2 engines
, which have the reliable data about its latest repair / overhaul and service life extension in accordance with all requirements of Russian Airworthiness Authorities.
• 3 stages low pressure compressor
• 11 stages high pressure compressor
• cannular combustor (12 flame tubes)
• 2 stages high pressure turbine
• 4 stages low pressure turbine
|Take-off thrust, kgf
|Specific fuel consumption at take-off, kg/(kgf∙hr)
|Specific fuel consumption at cruise, kg/(kgf∙hr)*
|Dimensions (L x D), m
||5.698 х 1.560
||5.698 х 1.560
||5.448 x 1.560
* – (H=11 000 м; M=0.8)
High reliability - over 60 millions flight hours in operation; more than 8000 engines delivered, about 2000 engines are in operation worldwide.
Towards continuous improving the D-30KU/KP operational characteristics, upgrades are realized:
• to enhance the ecological performances
• to improve the in-flight reliability
• to increase the engine lives
• D-30KP and D-30KP-2 for Ilyushin-76/78 cargo / transport aircraft family
• D-30KU and D-30KU-2 for Ilyushin-62M long- / middle-range commercial jets
• D-30KU-154 for Tupolev-154M middle-range commercial jets
The Ilyushin-76 ramp jet transport aircraft is one of the most successful aircraft in its class in the world aviation history. The Ilyushin-76 aircraft and its modifications are widely used on the global air transportation market of oversized cargo:
• military cargos (Russian defense export, transportations on the order of foreign defense departments)
• commercial cargos (aviation, space, telecommunication, oil and gas equipments, etc.)
• humanitarian cargos (rescue equipment, mobile hospitals, etc.)