The E70/8RD is a marine dual-fuel gas-turbine engine, designed for application within power plants of civil ships, driving the electric generators and gas compressors within on-shore and off-shore industrial facilities, rated at low-to-medium capacity (from 8 MW and above).
• UEC-Saturn: development, production and after-sale services of the marine gas turbines, integration and delivery of the marine propulsion modules and gas-turbine generator sets
• 10-stage high pressure compressor
• annular combustor
• 2-stage high pressure turbine
• 3-stage power turbine
|Shaft power output, MW
|Electric power output, MW
|Heat power output, Gcal/h
||10.69 ... 11.43
|Thermal efficiency, %
|Electric efficiency, %
|Output shaft speed, rpm
||gaseous / diesel fuel
|Fuel consumption (at nominal power), kg/h
||1 800 / 2 100
|Exhaust gas temperature, °С
|Exhaust gas flow, kg/s
|Dimensions (L х B х H), m
||4.00 х 2.00 х 2.00
|Weight (on frame), t
For reference purposes. Specifications depend on the facility type and the equipment applied.
• possibility to use different fuels: gaseous fuels (natural gas, oil gas) and liquid fuels (kerosene, diesel fuel)
• capability to switch from one type of fuel to another without engine stop
• high efficiency
• corrosion and maritime climate resistance design, approved by Russian Maritime Register of Shipping
• high reliability and long service lives of gas turbines and derived propulsion systems (HP Core, proven in operation within the drives of gas-pumping units)
E70/8RD gas-turbine engine is the base of SGTG-8 gas-turbine electrical generator set with 8MW electrical output, designed for application within a wide range of civil ships, as well as within power plants of industrial and municipal facilities (incl. on-shore and off-shore).
The SGTG-8 includes all advantages of E70/8RD, as well as: the best mass-dimension parameters; water-free operation capability; high maintainability; low irrevocable oil losses.
E70/8RD and SGTG-8 variants of application:
• electrical propulsion systems
• vessels and platforms for exploratory drilling; floating production, storage and offloading (FPSO) vessels
• drilling platforms for off-shore oil and gas fields servicing (oil and gas extraction/production, loading and pipeline transportation)
• on-shore/harbor/floating plants for hydrocarbons processing, loading, pumping, as well as natural/casing-head gas liquefaction
• hydrocarbons transportation systems (oil and gas-pumping stations), operated at maritime/arctic climatic conditions
SGTG-8 can be applied within any industrial and municipal facilities for heat and electric power generation.