Aviation training center
The Aviation training center (ATC) of NPO Saturn was founded on 11 March 2010 and is now a part of after sale support system of the SaM146 engine.
ATC offers a range of courses in the SaM146 engine maintenance for the maintenance staff of airlines, repair organizations and NPO Saturn mechanics in full compliance with Russian and European Aviation Standards.
ATC occupies several administrative rooms, training classrooms and a work shop area of 1010 sq.m.:
• 2 classrooms for theoretical training, each for 15 students; the classrooms are equipped with instructor’s computers, projectors, white screens
• work shop dedicated to practical training is equipped with the engine mock-up identical with the serial configuration engine
• standard tools and special equipment used for in-service maintenance
ATC training courses are developed based on the requirements of the ATA104 International Standard; they give students the possibility of acquiring theoretical knowledge and getting practice in accomplishing maintenance tasks. ATC offers 3 approved training courses:
• General Familiarization training course. The course provides a description of the engine basic operating principles, the general concept of maintenance, the location of engine major modules & systems. The course is dedicated to training of engineers and mechanics. The theoretical course duration is 1.5 day.
• Line and Base Maintenance training course. The course provides a description of basic operating principles of the engine major modules and components, systems operating principles in a line maintenance context; it gives understanding of the FADEC system fault strategy, the nacelle functions, the maintenance concept in accordance with Aircraft Maintenance Manual. The course includes the practical training, particularly: Line Replaceable Units removal & installation on the SaM146 engine mock-up. The course is dedicated to the maintenance mechanics. The course duration is 5 days.
• Borescope Inspection training course. The course provides a description of the engine flow path, the location of borescope ports. The course includes practical training in standard borescope inspection on the SaM146 engine mock-up. The course is dedicated to borescope inspectors. The course duration is 2 days.
Theoretical & Practical training are scheduled as 60/40. Upon successful completion of training, the students are awarded the Certificates.
Licenses and Certificates
Certificate of FAVT (Rosaviatsiya) ⇒
License of Education Department of Yaroslavl region ⇒
Certificate of Department of Civil Aviation of Lao PDR ⇒
Leaders and Instructors
Yuri I. Slavny, ATC manager
Oleg I. Bazhan, Quality manager
Anna Y. Yurina, Instructor/Examiner
Nikolay D. Vikulin, Instructor/Examiner
Phone: +7 (4855) 324-567, 296-323
Fax: +7 (4855) 324-567, 296-323