The technological re-equipment program undertaken by NPO Saturn is implemented through purchasing of up-to-date multifunctional equipment and connecting it to the integrated information network, establishing specialized production lines and areas.
This enables carrying out various types of gas-turbine engine parts processing to a high degree of accuracy and reproducibility in the shortest possible time to specified parameters.
NPO Saturn has at its disposal production facilities enabling manufacture of gas-turbine components of any complexity, dimensions and mechanical characteristics.
The metal-processing equipment stock amounts to over 12,000 units, including about 2000 units of metallurgical equipment.
Automated production lines and СNС machines amount to over 40% of the total equipment quantity in some production directions.
The production basis includes casting, welding, machining, heat treatment, metal forming, and tooling.
Science-intensive technologies for manufacturing parts of composites, structural ceramics, and bimetals are widely used in pilot and series production.
Volume of investments in purchasing new equipment amounts to more than 3 bln. roubles.
Currently, at NPO Saturn within the scope of the through design-manufacture program on the basis of the integrated information system the following has been implemented:
- Simultaneous product design, development of processes and manufacture of tooling on the basis of 3D models;
- Integrated electronic database of manufacturing processes and documentation;
- QuickCast build style pattern (stereolythography) of the most complex parts;
- Industrial network of data transmission to CNC machines;
- Automated production planning system;
- Automated production cost accounting system.
The most significant production techniques are:CASTING TECHNIQUES
WELDING, BRAZING, GAS-THERMAL COATING APPLICATION TECHNIQUES
- Automated refractory coating application line;
- Casting of blades by directed solidification method;
- Single crystal blade casting.
- Electron-beam welding of parts up to 3200 mm in diameter;
- Gas-shielded welding;
- Argon-shielded welding of complex-shaped parts in the chamber;
- High-temperature vacuum brazing;
- Gas-thermal deposition of sealing and wear-resistance coatings.
HEAT TREATMENT TECHNIQUES
- 5- and 6-axis machining centers;
- Deep grinding machines;
- Machining centers for large-size parts processing (up to 4 m).
ELECTRICAL DISCHARGE MACHINING
- Heat treatment of parts at a heating temperature up to 1350°С and cooling rate up to 300°С/min;
- Heat treatment and welding-up of parts up to 1300 mm in diameter in vacuum and shielded gas atmosphere;
- Vacuum-flame deposition;
- Ion nitriding;
- Thermal vacuum treatment of parts.
PROTECTIVE COATING APPLICATION TECHNIQUES
- Processing of perforations with a minimum diameter up to 0.3 mm;
- Broaching of slots and pockets in parts from hard-to-process high-temperature alloys;
- Wire cutting of various configuration parts and components.
- Gas-circulating aluminizing
- Gas-circulating chrome aluminizing
- Gas-circulating cobalt aluminizing
Volume of investments in purchasing of new equipment for the last 5 years amounted to more than 3 bln. roubles.